Cracking the Code of Franchising Success: Insights from Jania Bailey, CEO of FranNet
In this Episode:
Jana Bailey, CEO of FranNet, discusses the advantages of a financial background in franchising, the importance of referrals, the diversity of franchise models, and the support and training franchisees should expect.
- Franchising offers three main options: starting from scratch, buying an existing business, or buying into a franchise concept.
- Starting a business from scratch is the riskiest option because business owners often make critical mistakes in the early stages.
- Buying an existing business provides historical performance data but may come with hidden issues.
- Franchising allows individuals to enter a business with a proven system and documented procedures, significantly increasing their chances of success.
- The Franchise Disclosure Document (FDD) is a crucial resource that provides detailed information about a franchise opportunity.
- FranNet helps potential franchisees by assessing their preferences, budgets, and skills to match them with suitable franchise concepts.
- Franchising has seen significant growth, with various franchise models and memberships available. Potential franchisees should ask questions about the franchisor’s screening process and the broker’s training and expertise.
- The level of support and training for franchisees can vary depending on the type and maturity of the franchise. Franchisees should inquire about opening training, mentorship programs, ongoing support, and annual meetings.
- Franchising’s appeal to women is driven by the opportunity to follow a proven business model and the increased confidence among women in leadership roles. The support provided by franchisors in inviting women into their systems has also been instrumental.
- Women who have held higher-level positions and have financial independence are more inclined to consider franchising as a viable career option.
The National Business Association has authored and curated resources on various topics and in multiple formats that will help you achieve your goals. Whether you are considering starting your first business or if you are a seasoned entrepreneur, there is something in this Resource section of the NBA website that will be helpful. We hope you find this article useful.
Providing relevant resources in an easy-to-navigate format is one of the many ways that the NBA accomplishes its mission of helping small businesses succeed. It fulfills our vision of being an indispensable resource for the self-employed, small business owners, and entrepreneurs. If you are interested in a deeper relationship with the NBA, sign up for our free email newsletter or learn about becoming a member by clicking on the “Join the NBA” tab.